Just back from hiking the North Coast Trail. Brand new trail this year across the top of Vancouver Island. What a beauty of a trail it is! Enough hauling oneself up hills (ropes are provided), lowering oneself down the other side (thanks be that ropes are provided) and rolling along rocky shores to be challenging. Enough heavenly scents, awe-inspiring sounds (whales and loons being my favourites) to be mystical. Enough good company to be wonderfully relaxing and entertaining. Our dear 'Coastal Cinder' once again planned and coaxed us through an unforgettable experience.
As for the sketching, folks allowed me my space so that I would not feel intimidated and were very kind with their comments when they did wander over to look.
Included in the photos are 1. the cover of the childrens book that I removed the innards to replace with an accordian of w/c paper . Forgive me whoever you are that showed the method I followed to create accordian pages that don't take lg sheets of paper. The little book is 6.5"x7" and proved to be the perfect size to manage on the trail.
2. Title page. The trail name will end up here.
3. pg 1-2-3 our first campsite at Laura Creek. July 2'08
4. pg 4-5 Irony Creek camp at Shuttleworth Bight July 3
5. pg 6-7 a fern to represent the beautifully lush woods we spent most of this day hiking through
6. pg 8-9 the beach at Nahwitti Camp looking toward Skinner Creek.
7. pg 6 through 9
8. the cabins at Nahwitti Creek.