1.23.2009

president Obama


I just love how all the collage elements fell into place with my quick sketch. I love the life ring as the 'O' in hope, that all the words I found were red, white or blue, that I'd painted over 'American' with gesso thinking that it would dry clear and having to sand it off when it didn't! Along with oh-so-many here in Canada and around the world we're feeling your renewal of Hope and getting that this historic election is a fulfillment of hope for many. Not shown but the left hand page has "Yes, we can" so I feel this is quite representative of your 44th president.

8 comments:

The Best Decade said...

VERY nice! We do expect great things and a rebound for this country!

Anita Davies said...

Great page!

laura said...

An absolutely perfect collage--says it all! I love the drawing and the words on the life-preserver!
So many people have been inspired to creat Barack-related art--he should have an art-display-page!

Anonymous said...

Great sketch of Obama! Lovely composition.

Anetka said...

amazing layout! great sketch! you are right - it all fallen into places:)

Margaret Ann said...

Really cool! Great emotions here! :)

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I think you really captured his likeness here as I could instantly recognize him while quickly scrolling through.

Joan Y said...

I love this piece! I feel the same way.