1.25.2009

Live and Learn







Finally, my focus for 2009. My year to learn. I'm looking to sign up for classes, imitate others sketching styles, read some books. Learn, change, grow, adapt. 2009.

The little girl is done so much better over at http://wagonized.typepad.com/ ,
the crayon (cheap wax borrowed from my GD) with w/c a very interesting learning experience, is based on a beautiful oil painting by BC artist Kathryn Amisson.

The shell sketch is my first time playing along with the Still life Project found while visiting http://oobos.blogspot.com/ (Judy Bec's site 'A drawing a day' and also allows me to participate in EDM's suggestion for last week. Not bad multi-tasking, hey?
Such fun.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shells, and the portrait of the child is beautiful!

winna said...

Beautiful job! I think real pincushions made to look like realistic shells would be a big seller...

Peachtreeart said...

Great job on everything!

Deborah said...

Lovely pages. The shells are so soft, I just want to pick up the yellow one and feel the warmth from the sun and rub my thumb over the bumps of the other one. The portrait of the little girl is precious.

Anonymous said...

Your EDM shell drawing was worth waiting for! Lovely colors and so interesting.

I love the sketch of the young girl too -- so much emotion in her sweet face.

bubblemunch said...

Love the sea urchin.
I've not completed my sketch yet ... so my submission will be later than yours so not to worry!!

I was looking at sea urchins and yours is just great.

Lynn said...

Great texture on the sea urchin! The colors are beautiful and soft.

kazumiwannabe said...

They're all beautiful! I love the sea theme, so the shells and sea ones are my faves, but the little girl is really lovely too.

Revelle Taillon said...

Love the drawing of the little girl! I really need to start sketching again. That's why I joined. But work has been so busy and the winter is dragging down my spirits. We're getting another 10 inches of snow today and have no place left to put it!
Hurrah for you! Keep sketching.
Revelle
http://revelleimagemaker.blogspot.com/

heyannie said...

Found your blog after you stopped by mine. I love your work. The shells are lovely and hard to capture as I have tried them myself. I really enjoy your work.

iva yaneva said...

oh wow! I love the sea drawings, so beautiful and they remind me a little of the way they draw water in Japan :)